We Want To Hear From You
The UNGASS 2016 Women's Declaration campaign may use your story to help show the drug war’s harmful consequences on women. But we also want to know how women are organizing and advocating for new directions in drug policy.
You can pick one of these prompts:
- How drug policy has affected your family or your community?
- What's your story of hope and survival?
- What would you say to the president of your country or a world leader about the war on drugs?
- Are you a woman who faced separation from your children because of drug use or incarceration?
- What's been your experience trying to access drug treatment services as a woman?
- What are you doing, in your country, to organize for better drug policy?
We'll post select stories below, though they may have to be edited for length.
If you want to submit a written story, please fill out this form with your information and your story.
You can also submit a video using a smartphone or computer camera. Make it short; the ideal length is 2 to 3 minutes. Try to record in a quiet place with good light. Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo, and share the link with us below.
About This Photo
A young indigenous Canadian woman in Labrador. (Credit Image: © Peter Power/ZUMA Wire)